[TYPO3-core] RFC #14729: Backwards compatibility brocken by disabled deprecation log

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Jun 15 22:11:05 CEST 2010

François Suter wrote:

Hey all,

>> One solution against monster logs (and that's what I'm trying to avoid)
>> would be to have the log limit itself in size. Let's say 1 MB max.
>
> I also agree with this ;-)

+1
I agree with a lot of the arguments that the deprecation log is a hassle
in some situations and that there are issues with it, but turning it off
by default is the wrong solution. After all it actually was created to
be annoying so people change their code and we can clean up the core.

> In my experience the content of the deprecation log is extremely
> repetitive so there's probably no harm in purging it regularly by having
> some kind of log rotation. Again this is a bit late for 4.4 unfortunately.

well, this could be solved by a scheduler task quite quick I guess. That
could be released in TER seperately and integrated in 4.5 as well. IMO
there's a lot of potential in automating things using the scheduler ....
starting with 4.5 that is ;)

Either way, let's not get too excited about the issue, their are
solutions on the way.
Let's all scratch our itch and be part of the solution, not the problem ;)

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner