[TYPO3-core] RFC #14723: JS errors block RTE usage in IE6 and IE7

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 15 10:08:05 CEST 2010

>> The attached patch removes some trailing commata in Arrays and
>> inserts an additional check for Safari while checking for existance
>> of iframes to avoid errors in IE6 and IE7 that prevented RTE from
>>
> Thanks for testing this and many thanks for the patch!
>
> I modified it sligthly, as attached, because it would prevent loading
> in WebKit browsers.

After these modifications IE6 and IE7 will be buggy again.
The problem is that they must not "see" iframe.contentDocument.documentElement because this will throw an error message: "null or not an object"

Since I can't see much difference for Safari between

else if (Ext.isWebKit && (!iframe.contentDocument.documentElement || !iframe.contentDocument.body)) {
    this.initializeIframe.defer(50, this);
}

and

else if (Ext.isWebKit) {
    if (!iframe.contentDocument.documentElement || !iframe.contentDocument.body)) {
        this.initializeIframe.defer(50, this);
    }
}

I guess the Safari problem must have been there without my patch as well.
So could you please revert your last commit and have some checks before we change the patch?

Thx

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de