[TYPO3-core] RFC #14633: Nested form tag breaks editing icons and ExtJS funcitonality in the page module for IE8 users

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 15 00:10:24 CEST 2010

While working on http://(bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14633 I found out that it was not just the ExtJS functionality that has been broken for all IE users, but the whole set of editing icons inside the page module didn't work for IE8 users at all.

After lots of different CSS and JS experiments I found out that the reason was a nested form tag caused by the search box within the page module form.
Adding a 0 as parameter to the function call - getSearchBox(0) - the form tag disappeared and the behaviour is now as desired.

The attached patch for sysext/cms/layout/ adds the parameter to the call and modifies the JS file to activate the behaviour for IE users again.
IMHO a no brainer, since other issues related to highlighting and IE6 will be adressed in another RFC.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de