[TYPO3-core] RFC #8778: Feature: Add possibility to disable TYPO3 draft workspace by localconf.php configuration

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Sat Jun 12 12:16:13 CEST 2010

On 12.06.2010 11:55, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Susanne Moog schrieb:
>> On 05.06.2010 01:04, Benjamin Mack wrote:
>>> Hey Sonja,
>>>
>>> the attached patch fixes the CGL issues.
>>>
>>> looks good, however there is still the Draft Workspace in the "User" =>
>>> "Workspace" => Tab "Review and Publish" => "Options" => second dropdown.
>>> Can you confirm that?
>>
>> Attached patch removes the Draft Workspace additionally from the
>> mentioned place as well as from the drop down in the versioning module.
>>
>> susanne
>>
> Hi,
>
> this seems not to work? See attached screenshot. I changed nothing, only
> after svn up.

The screenshot is correct. This patch is about disabling the default
draft workspace not disallowing any draft workspaces. What you see in
the screenshot is the element to select all draft workspaces. If you
have a look at how it was before you'd see that there was:
"Draft workspaces"
"[Draft workspace]"
in the dropdown before the patch.

> Btw - this must be mentioned in NES.txt as the workspace dieappears, and
> users have to know how to enable again.

I'll take care of that.

> What happen if draft workspace exists and user updates?

There is no case where the dummy draft workspace does not exist as it
was hardcoded into existence. As it is nearly never usable in production
systems (which is what this patch was all about) this should not be a
problem, if we add the corresponding info to NEWS.txt.

Susanne