[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14680: Regression in globalVar condition

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jun 10 10:27:26 CEST 2010

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> Means (?): TSFE:id is not equal to *all* of the items in the list,
>>> right? This really worked in
>>> earlier versions? Amazing.
>>>
>> correct, is the opposite of first one, and it makes sense. And - this
>> never worked with older versions, only the first one (=) worked before.
>
> Then it should be documented. And sadly we need a separate fix for = so, no new beahviour creeps
> into 4.3.

what to do? It was never documented, but worked (with equals).
So if something stop to work we should fix it, right? And what if the
fix is more general and allows new combination - then it's a feature.
Should we integrate extra logic to prevent this? This looks strange to me.
Without the theory the equals is the only one making real sense, and
this should be supported like in 4.2, otherwise you have to switch to
this which looks bad:
[globalVar = TSFE:id = 1,TSFE:id = 2,TSFE:id = 3,TSFE:id = 4,TSFE:id =
5,TSFE:id = 6,TSFE:id = 7,TSFE:id = 8,TSFE:id = 9]

vg Steffen