[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14565: There is no way to disable compress and concatenate

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Jun 9 13:33:38 CEST 2010

Am 09.06.2010, 13:24 Uhr, schrieb Peter Niederlag <typo3-list at niekom.de>:

> Having another "meta" setting in BE/TYPO3_CONF_VAR IMO tends to add more
> complexity but might come in handy of course. But from my point of view
> best would be to add:
> TYPO3_CONF_VAR[FE|BE][concatenateCSS]
> and make it work. ;)

There's no way around CSS concatenation in productive environment - not
only because it will not work in IE6-8 (because of a max. stylesheet limit
of 31).
And I'm against too many new options for localconf.php

I've currently the whole enableConcatenate/enableCompress* disabled in my
dev installation, which does a good job. See no need for further
differentiation.

Steffen