[TYPO3-core] RFC #14640: Improve cookie detection at login screen

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Jun 7 09:48:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14640

Branches: trunk

Problems:
There are two major problems with the cookie detection at the login screen:
(1) The detection fails with Arora browser (webkit based) and the default
browser on Android phones
(2) There's no way to ignore the failed detection

Solutions:
(1) Use ExtJS to get&set the cookie
(2) Bring back the "Ignore" link, which already has been there while
developement of 4.3 (until Login screen was refactored again)

Note:
I wasn't able to identify the problem with Arora browser exactly, as debug
tool didn't work that good. Seemed more like the testcookie wasn't set
immediately.

Please test with your mobile phones, too - I don't an Android.. :(

Steffen