[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14628: Open t3lib_db for own instance

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 5 19:04:31 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> This allows to make own instances in extension when connection to
> another DB is needed, so you can use the API as usual, and also DBAL
> support.

But DBAL can be used to connect to another DB (also another MySQL db)?
Page 6 of the manual provides an example for defining an alternative
connection for a few tables.

I think that the DBAL solution also provides support for using this
extra connection in TS, etc.

Can you give us a use case and an example for how to use this
alternative method?

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert