[TYPO3-core] RFC #8778: Feature: Add possibility to disable TYPO3 draft workspace by localconf.php configuration

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Jun 3 15:02:07 CEST 2010

Am 03.06.2010, 14:52 Uhr, schrieb Sonja Scholz <ss at cabag.ch>:

> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8778
>
> Branches: trunk, 4-4
>
> Problem:
> It would be a very useful feature if there would be the possibility to
> disable the TYPO3 draft workspace, as it is usually not needed in
> productive systems and only confuses the editor/admin.
>
> Solution:
> As discussed it would be the best solution to hide the draft workspace
> in the workspace menu per default but makes it possible to show the
> draft workspace by version extension configuration.
>
> Notes: Solution already discussed on workspace meeting Wiesbaden

Hi Sonja,

thanks for your patch. I have no clue, what has been decided about your
changes and if some of them will go into 4.4. But 4.3 can't be possible
(Bugfixes only). For 4.4 you need Benni's OK, as we're in phase of feature
freeze.

I had a short look at your patch, but it looks like you don't know the
coding guide lines (CGLs [1]).

> if (!is_array($wsRec))	{
Space instead of tab before {

> if((string)$wsRec == '-1') {
Space after if; === for string comparisons

But I agree with you and never understood the meaning of the draft
workspace ;-)

Steffen

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/current/