[TYPO3-core] RFC #14559: Web>List: Turning "Extended view" on makes rows grow

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jun 1 09:48:48 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 01.06.2010 00:16:
> Hi,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>>
>> Ok, but can this still be discussed or is this decided? I would vote
>> for "less space". The rows already have a "huge" height. Don't you think?
>>

> in my opinion it looks better with the space in extended view.
> We don't have a list with hundreds of records, and if, we have to scroll
> anyway. From usability it's better with space to hit the right icon.

IMHO it is not "better to hit the icons" with more space. People are
used to less space: look email clients, file explorer, drop down menus
in Windows etc. Look even at extJS grid view. The rows are much more
compact and nobody complaints. Having a padding between the rows leaves
more space to "miss-click" in my opinion.

> More important would be better sorting / filtering / finding options,
> which would be best with an ExtJS grid.

Yes, but we don't have that yet. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto