[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13797: Move checkbox "secondary options" to users module

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Fri Jul 30 08:03:40 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 30.07.2010 00:55, Jörg Klein wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> "Susanne Moog" <info at susannemoog.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1279477611.24427.typo3-team-core at lists.typo3.org...
>> On 18.07.2010 19:59, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>>> Am 18.07.2010, 18:23 Uhr, schrieb Susanne Moog <info at susannemoog.de>:
>>
>> Ok, here is v2 of the follow-up patch now also renaming the TS config
>> value. After some thinking I came up with
>> "displaySecondaryOptionsSwitch" because we don't really enable
>> something, we just hide or show a checkbox. And as Steffen already
>> stated "secondary options" might be easier to understand by a TYPO3
>> admin than palettes.
>
> any news here?
> For the following reasons I personally think that its overkill to have a
> written option in TSconfig and at the same time a checkbox to click at:
> Both control one and the same thing. I think having multiple options for one
> and the same thing might confuse people more than help them.
> Furthermore both ways to show/hide the checkbox are at different places; I
> think that is too much for one option. (That's no -1, just my opinion.)
>
> I just want to know which way to go (with an additional checkbox or
> without), before making the other patches.

my personal opinion is that the TS config option is enough. As that is
already committed I would leave it that way and drop the follow up, as
it complicates things unnecessarily.

Only thing I'd still do is to rename the option to
options.displaySecondaryOptionsSwitch which is more user friendly / easy
to understand than showPalettes.

br,

Susanne