[TYPO3-core] RFC #15294: Bug: treeFilterReset disappears + minor optimization

Felix Kopp — PHORAX typo3-core at phorax.com
Fri Jul 30 02:01:12 CEST 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15294

Branches:
4_4, trunk

Problem:
The treeFilterReset [X] within the treeFilterItem disappears when the filter bar is hidden and afterwards displayed again.

Reproduce:
- Open page filter bar (click filter icon)
- Insert filter text
- Filter reset appears
- Hide page filter bar (click filter icon)
- Re-Open page filter bar (click filter icon)

The icon is gone.
Please find further screenshots within the bug-ticket at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15294.

Solution:
Call the TreeFilter after the ajax call to style the standard ul>lis with the filtered not-found classes by re-calling the filter()-method.

Notes:
+ Additionally the treeFilterReset is positioned incorrectly (minor css).
+ This patch also includes a minor optimization: pagetreefiltermenu.js is only included and requested by browser, when filterBox will be displayed.

Yes, I know that the PageTree is being revised but I guess this shall be implemented within 4.4 as well.

Shall I split this bug up in bug / optimization for better review (for the future)?