[TYPO3-core] RFC 15286 : Feature: Deactivating the cache menu for admins

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 29 22:46:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> But how do you prevent the respective admin from enabling this?
> of course they can, but that's not what the issue is about. It's just
>  about huge installations where you sometime _have_ to make people an
>  admin and the decision might not even be in your hand.

See also my answer to Stefan. Besides, if it's for a single client a
custom extension to arrange some special settings would be the solution.

> This is basically just about disabling the entries in the menu.
> There's certainly no harm by adding the option and if you don't set
> it to 0, nothing's going to change for. Just always keep in mind that
> there are scenarios out there that you might not have thought about
> yet.

An expanded way to make settings for BE users would be a general solution.
An admin user is a user who can do everything. Useful for setting up a
site, etc. But I don't like the situation where "all admins are equal,
but some are more equal than others".

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert