[TYPO3-core] RFC 15286 : Feature: Deactivating the cache menu for admins

Stefan Sprenger stefan.sprenger at dkd.de
Thu Jul 29 17:15:44 CEST 2010

Hi Jigal,

Am 29.07.2010 um 16:54 schrieb Jigal van Hemert:

> Stefan Sprenger wrote:
>> Solution: If the current user is an admin I check, if the TSConfig
>> options concerning the caches, equal anything but 0. So, by default
>> admins are able to clear caches. Only if the options equal 0, the
>> respective admin can't clear caches.
>
> But how do you prevent the respective admin from enabling this?
>
> I agree with Dmitry that it should be enough to tell an admin *not* to clear caches. If he/she still does that he/she doesn't deserve to be an admin.
>
> Maybe you need to have more control over what BE user may or may not do and the current model of BE user with restrictions and admins is not enough? Then it would be a good idea to expand the possibilities of setting options for BE users.
>
> This solution feels like living on an island with four people and installing locks on every door but giving the keys to all four :-S
>
> -1 for this solution, sorry!

thanks for you feedback.

Indeed, this solution doesn't defend from users that may act malicious. They still have the permissions to change the respective user configurations in order to reactivate cache clearing.

The purpose of this feature is to ensure that no user can clear the cache caused by ignorance of its consequences. I experienced that many users click before they start thinking.

Best regards

Stefan
--

Stefan Sprenger

d.k.d Internet Service GmbH
Kaiserstraße 73
60329 Frankfurt/Main

fon:  +49 (0)69 - 2475 218 - 0
fax:  +49 (0)69 - 2475 218 - 99
mail: stefan.sprenger at dkd.de
web: http://www.dkd.de

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Registernummer: HRB 45590
Geschäftsführer: Olivier Dobberkau, Søren Schaffstein, Götz Wegenast

Aktuelle Projekte:
https://www.domizilspiel.at  –  Launch Spieleplattform (TYPO3)
http://www.lauer-fischer.de  –  Relaunch Website (TYPO3)
http://www.mmk-frankfurt.de  –  Relaunch Website (TYPO3)