[TYPO3-core] RFC 15286 : Feature: Deactivating the cache menu for admins

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Jul 29 15:39:38 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

Hi Dmitry,

> We just tell admins not to clear the cache.

That didn't work in our particular case ;)
I also asked Stefan to prepare a patch to log into syslog when someone
clears the cache, so there should be another patch coming soonish.

> Also we patched locally to have
> TRUNCATE and it works much faster now (that was not accepted as a patch to
> TYPO3).

I think we need to differentiate these issues here. Stefan's patch is
just about restricting what admins can do.

I agree with you that the performance issues should be solved, too. That
would be a separate issue though.
TYPO3 4.4 comes with truncate methods in t3lib_db, and EXT:dbal is able
to support that for other RDBMS, so we should be good to use truncate in
the core where it makes sense now.

What do you think?

best
Ingo