[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15278: imagefile_ext is used too restrictive

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jul 29 10:39:23 CEST 2010

Hi!

Georg Ringer wrote:
> Problem:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['imagefile_ext'] is used to limit the allowed
> files for image handling. It is used too restrictive. Images which are
> included via TS are also not handled which is leading to the following
> major problem:
>
> If set to 'png' and using TS to include a jpg file, the image dimensions
> are not calculated, leading to the attributes width="" and height="" or
> even not rendering the image itself.

This behavior is correct. The description of "imagefile_ext" is: "Commalist
of file extensions perceived as images by TYPO3". Therefore if extension is
not in this setting, it is not an image.

Sadly I have to give -1 for pure formal reasons. I recognize the problem
you faced and I agree that it *is* a problem. But this is what
imagefile_ext does: tells TYPO3 whether this extension defines the image.
Your patch breaks it. If we change this, it means two things:
- compatibility change. I can live with that in this case as it makes sense
- description of imagefile_ext must be changed to something like
"Comma–separated list of file extensions that can be attached to TYPO3
records as images". Than your patch will be correct.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member