[TYPO3-core] RFC #15252: Bug: Backend shortcut cannot be set in IE8

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Jul 28 00:12:22 CEST 2010

On 7/27/10 1:42 PM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15252
>
> Branches:
> 4_4, trunk
>
> Problem:
> When you add any item in backend as a shortcut (using the "star with a
> +") using IE8, the shortcut icon disappears and a JS error occurs. The
> current module is *not* added to the shortcut list
>
> Solution:
> Clean up the icon replacement functionality.
>
> Additional info:
> This is the same fix as my suggestion for #14920. Please consider
> reviewing both patches.
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

+1 on reading. I also gave it a quick sanity check by testing in Safari
but that doesn't warrant the full +1 on testing, just confirmation that
nothing breaks.

Two minor nitpicks that can be addressed during commit or ignored.  The
parent variable is no longer needed after the patch. Also, oldIcon would
be a little clearer if it were named shortcutIcon.