[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15218: [Feature] Possible Replace of Contrib Libraries

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jul 27 23:39:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

Susanne Moog schrieb:

> just to clarify a bit (because I didn't understand it just after reading
> your note): The RTE is still fully compatible after this patch. With the
> test extension it is not compatible anymore, but this patch allows us to
> easily see those compatibility issues before updating the core.

yes, this is one important aspect.

The other is that patch level fixes doesn't include updates of
libraries, and if we offer LTS for a version we should support a way to
use updated library (if we see that there are no problems we might
consider the update of a library as well, has to be discussed)

Thanks!
Committed to trunk rev 8300

vg Steffen