[TYPO3-core] RFC #14602: feature: PNG with alpha transparency

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 26 10:53:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> the patch 14602.patch (from the bug tracker) seems to work for your
> example. You forgot to attach it here.

I was pretty sure I attached it, but something went wrong :-(

> But then the issue #14602 is
> about something different (merging two PNGs with alpha transparency
> looses the transparency in the resulting image, as far as I could
> understand).

Which didn't work because GIFBUILDER doesn't support an alpha channel at
all.

> The original patch patch_truecolor_png_alpha_transparency.diff (not
> unified but still I could find the spot to apply it in 4.3) does not
> apply in 4.4 anymore, because $this->createImage() was deprecated and we
> now have imagecreatetruecolor() calls everywhere (so no central place
> where we could add these methods).

I see that a lot of places create intermediate images to work with.
These must all use an alphachannel if the end result has to have an
alpha channel, so I guess I have to bring back createImage() again.

> Jigal, are you able to find an example of what the original author
> intended to see if it works with your patch?

The issue didn't have a lot of information about the images and the TS
code involved. I've been testing with a few PNG images with transparency
and it needs "some" more work :-)

Thanks for testing this one!

--
Jigal van Hemert