[TYPO3-core] RFC #15188: Remove default greyed out effect for CEs

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 21 11:15:13 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> The new backend design (#14490) added an effect to highlight Content
> Elements in page module on hover and grey them out a bit otherwise.
> UI/UX team decided to revert this change.

This almost sounds like a fait accompli. Frankly, I don't like this change.

Before the patch the element you have the cursor on is highlighted a
bit, with the patch only the icon toolbar suddenly appears and it is
less obvious that the element is "active".

If the grayed-out version is not readable enough I feel that another
highlight effect for the entire CE should be included.

Technically it works fine, but the change itself would get my -1 ifthat
is possible.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert