[TYPO3-core] RFC #15163: Link "joh316" to wikipedia

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jul 20 16:34:43 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

Breaking out of my holidays for a quick note on the topic.

> Explaining joh316 and Jesus sight in the Install Tool where part of all
> "TYPO3 Admin" training I did for the last 7 years...
>
> And yes, I find it un-professional to still have those Jesus pictures
> there. I don't mind for joh316 because it's quite subliminal but the
> graphical tests hurt TYPO3 as an "Enterprise CMS".
>
> And since we'll have version 4.5 around for quite some time, I'm hoping
> this will change.

I actually discussed this with Kasper back in 2007 when Thomas Hempel
was working on revamping the install tool. I saw it as a good
opportunity to change the test images and got in touch with Kasper about
it. His answer was that he would prefer if the image stayed, but if it
started causing trouble he wouldn't oppose to them being changed.

So I think the road for change is open (and has always been open
actually). It would probably be nice to inform Kasper and maybe check
with him for the new images.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter