[TYPO3-core] RFC #15001: Bugfix: It is not possible to search for '%' or '_' inside the Backend

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Jul 20 08:07:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just uploaded v4 of DBAL patch in bugtracker.

>> +1 by reading and testing for non-DBAL
>>
>> However the patch for DBAL still is not valid, at least for Oracle (I'm
>> always testing it first there and then in other DBMS). Problem is that
>> Oracle needs a special way of searching for wildcard characters. What is
>> done with the patch is that for any page whose title contains '%':
>>
>> SELECT * FROM pages WHERE title LIKE '%\%%'

Query with Oracle is remapped to

 >> SELECT * FROM "pages" WHERE (dbms_lob.instr("title", '%', 1, 1) > 0)

Query with MSSQL is remapped to

>> SELECT * FROM "pages" WHERE "title" LIKE '%\%%' ESCAPE '\'

Unit tests show that it works but I'll have to test that with real DBMS.

If someone is willing to help and test it with PostgreSQL, please do not
hesitate :-)

Please report any problem or that it works in bug tracker. We'll came up
with final version here again when all works as expected.

BTW, we will still need a +1 by testing by anybody when using MySQL
(with previously sent 15001_core_v3.diff file).

Cheers
Xavier