[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13797: Move checkbox "secondary options" to users module

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Sun Jul 18 20:21:51 CEST 2010

On 18.07.2010 19:59, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Am 18.07.2010, 18:23 Uhr, schrieb Susanne Moog <info at susannemoog.de>:
>
>> The label in the User Setup module is "Show secondary options
>> (palettes)" like in tceforms, the key in $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->uc is
>> showPalettes as the corresponding key of MOD_SETTINGS is also called
>> "showPalettes" which makes it consistent.
>>
>> Or did you mean the already committed part with the TS config option?
>
> No, it's consistent in the code, but not consistent for the user.
> Therefore I'd prefer calling it sth. about secondary options, as it sets
> the value for "Show secondary options".

Ok, here is v2 of the follow-up patch now also renaming the TS config
value. After some thinking I came up with
"displaySecondaryOptionsSwitch" because we don't really enable
something, we just hide or show a checkbox. And as Steffen already
stated "secondary options" might be easier to understand by a TYPO3
admin than palettes.

Cheers,

Susanne