[TYPO3-core] RFC #12679: Pagemodule don't show clipboard paste icon when there is no content

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Thu Jul 15 09:34:55 CEST 2010

Am 2010-07-15 01:39, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi Reinhard,
>
> this looks much better! It's exactly what i meant.
>
> Unfortunally the page module needs more logic. This situation let the
> clipboard fail: you only set colPos as override. But with Language
> submodule, the paste icons are rendered in different language columns,
> and a try to paste an english CE in a german column fail - it's pasted
> in english column. The same happens when you are in Columns submodule
> and switch the language - even worse because you don't see where the
> element is pasted.
> Only solution would be to override language too or forbid paste in
> different language.

I will try to override the language. Let's see if there are any side
effects.

> I'm not sure what happens if you paste a copied element in a verioned
> page, that has to be verified too.
>
> You see, the page module is a list module too, but has different context
> scenarios, which is different in the list module.

Yes, I see. The patch started as a small improvement, but it gets more
and more complicated to get it bug free.

> Don't hesitate, it's on the right trail, just some more to test and
> improve.

I'm willing to test and improve the patch until it is suitable for core
and I know that it will take some time to make it fully working.
Integrating this feature is getting more complicated than I thought. :-)

Regards,
Reinhard