[TYPO3-core] RFC #15034: Bug: Can't log into the backend when using an IPv6 Address as HTTP_HOST

caspar at gosign.de caspar at gosign.de
Thu Jul 15 01:06:15 CEST 2010

Dear Roland,

> Notes:
> This is my very first bugfix to the TYPO3 Core.

Nice to read you here. :-)

I had a look at your patch and I have some remarks.

1. You are using the function self::getIndpEnv('HTTP_HOST') 11 times in
you complete patch. Within the 6 ways to walk through your patch that
function is called at one way 2 times, on the other ways 3 times!
Pleas save the function output to a variable like $httpHost and work with
that.

2. It is the same with the function strpos(), used 6 times with same
result, called on each way 2 times.

3. Within both cases it is not necessary to split processing between with
and without Port.
Within 'TYPO3_HOST_ONLY' you could just check for the closing bracket ']'
and then use your substr() function (after applying 1. and 2.).
Within 'TYPO3_PORT' you could just change the explode-delimiter to ']:' if
the closing backet ']' is found.

At this moment you won't get my vote, sorry.

Kind Regards

Caspar