[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15110: Validation warnings with sprites

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Jul 14 09:16:00 CEST 2010

Am 14.07.2010 07:05, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix (tiny)
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15110
>
> Branches: 4_4, Trunk
>
> Problem:
> Switching to sprites leads to quite a few new validation warnings.
>
> Simple reason:
> function buildSpriteHtmlIconTag(array $tagAttributes, $innerHtml =
> ' ', $tagName = 'span') {}:
>
> Default should be nbsp; but in the previous call of getSpriteIcon()
> $innerHtml is set to "":
> $innerHtml = (isset($options['html']) ? $options['html'] : '');
>
> Solution:
> Additional check should be made.
>
> How to test:
> 1. Validate the DB list view
> 2. Apply patch&  revalidate
> 3. Check if everything looks normal
>
> regards
> Georg
empty spans are only unvalid for STRICT validation. there has been a
reason (I currently do not remember anymore) why it has been removed
from the first implementation whre the nbsps have been removed.

BUT looking at your patch: have a look at the function call: $innerHtml
defaults to nbsp;
So your place is the wrong to fix. has to be done in the calls to this
function...

so -1 to the solution by reading

regards

Steffem