[TYPO3-core] FYI #15054: Bug: Scheduler: BE module does not use new skin properly

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jul 13 20:47:44 CEST 2010

FYI: the attached patch was committed to 4.4 in revision 8177

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15054

Branches:
4.4 only (see notes)

Problem:
The BE module does not look good with the new skin, as it uses several
old styles. Furthermore the add/edit form should look as much as
possible like TCEforms.

Solution:
Change rendering to match new skin.

Notes:
1) This patch is not optimal. I uses some styles from the "User
Settings" module so that the add/edit form looks as close as possible to
TCEforms. I discussed this patch with Steffen Gebert and we came to the
conclusion that this was ok for 4.4, as the most important thing was
that the Scheduler would fit the rest of the BE. However for 4.5 a
better solution should be found. There's apparently a "design" meeting
tomorrow which is expected to address such issues. A better patch will
be provided after that. There's an open report so as not to forget the
issue [1].

2) There's apparently a weird little hover effect with IE7 on the
buttons of the add/edit form. I don't have a setup ready to test that.
If anyone can reproduce the issue and come up with a fix I would be
immensely grateful.

Cheers

--
Francois Suter