[TYPO3-core] RFC #15001: Bugfix: It is not possible to search for '%' or '_' inside the Backend

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Mon Jul 12 20:45:04 CEST 2010

On 05.07.2010 00:46, caspar at gosign.de wrote:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Performance
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15001
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-2, TYPO3_4-3, TYPO3_4-4, Trunk
>
> Problem:
> Neither with the search-button in the Backend-Toolbar, nor within the
> Admin-Tool 'DB check' with the 'full search' function, it is possible to
> search for the chars '%' and '_'.
> Both functions does not escape the named chars for using inside the
> like-query, so they are interpreted as wildcards by sql.
> Additionally the Toolbar-search does not use the function
> t3lib_db->searchQuery, which should be used for dbal support.
>
> Solution:
> adding t3lib_db->escapeStrForLike into t3lib_db->searchQuery
> using t3lib_db->searchQuery inside the Toolbar-search (class.db_list.inc)

In general +1, but: with the patch like it is now, we get different
behaviors for dbal and the core, because it seems as if dbal xclasses
the localrecordlist class and overwrites the "makeSearchString" function.

Xavier, do you think it's possible to apply the same changes to DBAL so
we get consistent behavior?

Cheers,

Susanne