[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15083: Add sectionmark for the hook in t3lib_pageSelect_getPageHook

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Mon Jul 12 14:49:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15083

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
Sometimes it is not enough to check for the access of a page but also to
check for links to content elements.
Therefore it would be nice to have the sectionmark available at the hook
t3lib_pageSelect_getPageHook

Solution:
Introduce a new array which holds additional parameters and extend the
interface.

How to test:
1) Apply patch and see nothing breaking
2) If really needed I can provide an additional test extension.

Additional information:
I know, the use cases might be rare for this feature but as already
written in #15064:

I got a customer which use TYPO3 for building a knowledgebase which is
basically pages with much content. Most of it is restricted to special
users and they always use linktexts like "More information about this,
see here".

Of course the uses cases are a bit limited but TYPO3 was chosen because
of the great right management which misses just a few settings for
special projects. See also #15283 (pending in core list in some minutes)

Georg