[TYPO3-core] RFC #15076: Bug: simple orphaned link in install tool

Felix Kopp — PHORAX typo3-core at phorax.com
Sun Jul 11 13:47:38 CEST 2010

Type: Bug

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15076

Branches:
trunk & TYPO3_4-4

Problem:
Very first link in install tool is an orphaned link to http://typo3.org/1275.0.html.
Beginners with TYPO3 might right away feel a hard hurdle.

Solution:
Correct link, point new users to the perfect online resources.

Notes:
Again from the quality assurance perspective, but I think essential to spread TYPO3 all over the world.

But what exactly should be the perfect online resource?

- The Wiki (displaying screenshots from TYPO3 3.6) /
- the documentation library (further more: what about typo3.org redesign) /
- the internal about-module?

I guess the best resource is the up-to-date internal resource (about/help-module).
Furthermore all users should be kept in the installation tool all time.

(How a simple link can start a …)

(Might be considered a feature … trunk only?)