[TYPO3-core] Useragent check in ajax login might fail

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jul 9 15:15:47 CEST 2010

Hi Rasmus,

> The HTTP Useragent check on AJAX login to Typo3 BE fails under some
> circumstances. Therefore it may need som review whether the HTTP
> UserAgent validation is needed or should undergo some refactoring.
>
> Not a bug, but an incompatiblity to third-party programs such as Google.
> Therefore not reported to bugs.typo3.org.

I think the fact that this problem was mentioned in the English list and
can now be found in the archives is enough, if you don't consider this
to be a bug. It means someone has a chance to stumble on it and enjoy
the solution. If you think that the user agent detection needs
improvement, then you should definitely open a bug report.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter