[TYPO3-core] RFC #12679: Pagemodule don't show clipboard paste icon when there is no content

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Thu Jul 8 18:56:02 CEST 2010

Am 2010-07-08 18:38, schrieb Steffen Ritter:
> Am 08.07.2010 18:24, schrieb Reinhard Führicht:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is an SVN patch request.
>>
>> Issue on bugs.typo3.org created by Steffen Kamper.
>>
>> Type: Feature
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12679
>>
>> Branches:
>> TYPO3_4-4 & trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> Copy and paste is not nice in page module either, you have to use
>> context menu. On empty page there is no way to paste content.
>>
>> Solution:
>> - Add a paste into link to each column header
>> - Add copy/cut icons to each element header
>> - Add paste after link to each element header
>>
>> Steps To Reproduce:
>> copy/cut any content element, go to a page without content.
>>
>> Please test the attached patch.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Reinhard
>
> lightweight -1 by reading
> width is a structural part and therefore is placed in the wrong cssfile

I don't know much about the CSS part of TYPO3, so just tell me where to
put the one line of CSS and I will update my patch.

> furthermore a feature cannot go to 4.4

The issue was created by Steffen Kamper a while ago. I would have set it
to "trunk" only, but I don't have the permissions to do so. Could
somebody set it to "trunk"?

> i additionnally want to question if this has been discusses with jens &
> co, since adding many icons blows up the whole thing and the "less is
> more" is a key-thought which should be used

To add the icons there, was the most simple solution I could think of.
Setting the width of the columns was just to prevent columns from
getting to small so that the icons get weirdly arranged.

As the title of this post says, it's a "Request for commit" not an
"order to commit". I just tried to make it look OK.
In my opinion it would be nice to arrange the copy/cut/paste icons on
the right, the others on the left to get a visual separation.

I didn't discuss it with Jens or any other person.
If you ask me, it's OK to keep "less is more" in mind, but the current
page module has obviously 2 problems regarding copy/paste:

- You can't paste content into an empty column
- You only can cut/copy/paste something if you know that you can click
on the small icon which will open the clickmenu. Without knowing much
about TYPO3, how should you be able to find that out??? This just annoys
me, and placing the icons in the element header, was the best way I
could think of to make the functions recognizable and the page module
more "easy-to-use".

Anyway, this is only a first version of the patch...

Regards,
Reinhard