[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #15036: Code cleanup: Indexed search: Indexer CLI script does nothing

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jul 8 12:11:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

> i use this one to ask something.
> Is there any description how to use existing cli-scripts with the
> scheduler? I did not found a description in the manual.

You can't do that directly.

> Would it be an option to have a helper task for running cli-scripts?
>
> Reason: there are a lot of existing cli scripts in core and extensions,
> and managing these in scheduler would be the best for getting overview /
> protocol

I would rather migrate all those scripts to true Scheduler tasks, which
- at least partly - what Christian plans to do. In some cases it is very
simple, because it's just a question of wrapping a task class around an
existing logic. In other cases it is harder, because it is very related
to CLI execution, especially when interactive mode is activated.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter