[TYPO3-core] RFC #14992: [Code cleanup]: adding two fields "gender" and "birthday" to fe_users

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jul 5 14:40:19 CEST 2010

>> there is a dedicated list where you find
>> [TYPO3-t3dd] Slides + Material from Talks/Worshops
>>

> thanks. I am aware of that. What I meant was that I did not find the
> FE user as a topic in your slides. (and that I am interested in
> participating in that topic :)

As far as I remember, there were some thoughts about removing all this stuff form the fe_users table and create a new "persons" table, that can then be related to any kind of record, which of course includes fe_users. Actually an fe_user just needs a username, a password and a group to be able to login to restricted areas, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a person at all. If it is, you can relate a person to the record.

Since this is the same for be_users, tt_news-authors and other real persons, this would remove a lot of redundancies from the tables and make the system more generic and easily extendable.

Jochen's "beyond extbase" workshop (T3v5) at T3DD10 and the S.C.O.T.T.Y. project (T3v4) are already heading to that direction.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de