[TYPO3-core] RFC #14818: Performance: Use mysql find_in_set-function in t3lib_db->listQuery()

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Jul 4 15:42:48 CEST 2010

On Jul 4, 2010, at 5:52 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> However as our compatibility functions for MSSQL and PostgreSQL are
>> not 100% the same as the MySQL one (it basically returns true or
>> false but not the actual position of the item in the list, which
>> should be OK I guess with our use in TYPO3), forcing the user to
>> add "!= 0" would be better. I'll change the DBAL patch to not
>> automatically add this comparison string (see related issue in bug
>> tracker if you're interested in).
>
> I think it is not really a problem as long as it's documented.

Xavier discussed several functions and I 'thought' we decided on using
a compatible
function that returns the integer  ratehr then a other function that
returns true or false.
I feel we should use teh function that returns the integer, making it
more compatible.

When Xavier comes back, I can test and further discuss that.

> For DBMSs which do not have a comparable function DBAL could convert
> it to the hideous triple like construction.

I think we should not do this, and we shouldn't support RDBMS that
doesn't
support stored procedures/functions, else we are ending up in a re-
write SQL hell.

Ries