[TYPO3-core] RFC #14988: TYPO3.Backend is assigned twice by ExtDirect and the viewport

Stefan Galinski stefan.galinski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:54:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14988

Branches: trunk

Problem:
The TYPO3.Backend variable is overriden with the initialisation of the
Viewport. Unfortunatly this causes the complete failing of any ExtDirect
calls in the Backend viewport. The error was found while working on the
pagetree... the first code that uses ExtDirect in TYPO3 heavily. As a nice
side-effect, we can assign a more concrete naming.

Solution:
Rename the variable from TYPO3.Backend to TYPO3.ExtDirect. We don't need to
care about the backwards compatibility, because it's an error that makes
ExtDirect useless for the TYPO3 Viewport.

How To Test:
Just use my pagetree branch on github. The pagetree and the context menu are
using the extDirect intensivly.

http://github.com/sgalinski/typo3v4core

--
Stefan Galinski