[TYPO3-core] RFC #13354: Reorganization of CSS stylesheets and icons within the Core.

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Thu Jan 28 00:22:26 CET 2010

On 27.01.2010 13:33, Fabien Udriot wrote:
> [...]
> Notes:
> ======
> Because this issue mainly deals with binary file (icons), the "patch" is
> released in the form of a ZIP. In addition of the ZIP, the current draft
> version of doc_core_css is ready for download. This can give a better
> understanding of the whole skinning mechanism that we would like to
> introduce in v 4.4.
>
> Download file here:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/file_download.php?file_id=10022&type=bug (ZIP)
> http://bugs.typo3.org/file_download.php?file_id=10023&type=bug (SXW)
>
> Beware that installing the ZIP, will not bring a working BE since the
> sprite's patch will be needed. A RFC should be provided by Thomas Allmer
> soon.

Yeah I'm almost finished should be available within this weekend.

However I'm finding this zip pretty confusing.
1) there should be no special svn files in such a zip right?
2) the "images" folder that should go into the typo3 folder should not
contain the icons. We agreed that the BE should look pretty plain
without any skin so no need for the icons in there. They should be in
the skin.
In fact I think they should be very few (or no?) images in the
"typo3/images/" folder. (probably just the logo?). All other images
should be part of a skin.
3) the "images/icons/" should not contain the generated sprites; this is
also true if they are in a skin
4) there is also no place for the generated icon css files not in
"stylesheets" nor in "stylesheets/visual"

all the generated icons stuff should go in typo3temp.
Example:
"typo3temp/t3skin/images/sprites/" for the sprites and
"typo3temp/t3skin/stylesheets/" for the needed css

I will explain this a little more once I have an RFC ready.

This may also be influenced by the sprite generator; I think Steffen
Gebert is working on it.

cheers