[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jan 28 00:19:32 CET 2010

>> As long as it is just about having a majority of votes because the
>> better alternative didn't come with a patch (yet)
>
> Come on, the RFC is 8 days old now. If that's not time enough to
> provide a better patch then it should go in and you can hand in your
> alternative in a later RFC.

Just to make this clear - this is not about "my" alternative in this special
case, but about a general kind of behaviour.
Ooh, I need something in the core => make a patch => +1 => +1 => +1 => in!
The only thing that seems to matter is: Have you got a patch?

IMHO this kind of actionism will lower the overall quality of the system,
which is already the case with the current version that we call "stable" ...

another ¤ 0.02

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de