[TYPO3-core] RFC #13313: ExtDirect API

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Jan 26 09:12:20 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> 1) The API makes json output hardcoded. That's bad if you want to use it
> with xml or raw text or whatever. So make it configurable.
Because that is what Ext.Direct expects as API descriptor :-) So I think
that's no problem at all, as the API generator is for generating the API
description in a way so that Ext.Direct can read and understand it.

> 2) $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['ExtDirect'] - why BE only? I would
> simply leave out BE
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['ExtDirect']
Agreed, we could change this.

> 3) Reflection is used to get number of parameters. Why, for what usage?
> Reflection is very expansive call and should be used seldomly.
Do you have another way to get the number of parameters for a method?
The client-side needs the number of parameters to build the stubs correctly.

Of course, we could cache the results :-)

Greets,
Sebastian