[TYPO3-core] FYI: #13327: Update ExtJS to version 3.1

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jan 25 18:04:55 CET 2010

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> just a quick info from my side: I know that feeditadvanced is using Ext
> core. Works great. In addition I see no harm in updating Ext Core from
> 3.0RC2 to 3.0, there should be no breaking changes at all.

that's great news!

> Thus, Steffen: Go ahead with FYI-ing the update of Ext Core in trunk,
> and probably for 4.3.x as well.

i already updated ExtCore to 3.1 in trunk.
I'm not sure if it's needed for 4.3. May be olly can give an answer if
he wants that to be updated.

btw - one of the biggest advantage of 3.1 is the IE performance, see
this article how impressive it's done:
http://www.extjs.com/blog/2009/12/17/ext-js-3-1-massive-memory-improvements-treegrid-and-more%E2%80%A6/

> And no: we should not use our own copy of Ext Core in our extensions. ;-).
yes

> And not so by the way: Steffen, thank you very much for keeping an eye
> on these updates! Great work!

thanks!

vg Steffen