[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:58:08 CET 2010

Am 25.01.2010 08:31, schrieb Ismaël Bidau:
> So let's add first_name, middle_name and last_name to fe_user. I think
> it's useful for many people.
> In the future, we could imagine to move the personal data in a tt_adress
> record (and move also first_name (fe_user) to first_name (tt_address)).

Agree. This RFC is not about rethinking the whole concept of storing person related data.

I think we all agree that the database model for fe_users and persons in general could be better but
in terms of backwards-compatibility we should not turn the whole thing insideout for now.

Ismaël's RFC makes sense and should go in