[TYPO3-core] FYI: #13327: Update ExtJS to version 3.1

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 22 23:56:26 CET 2010

Hi,

David Bruchmann schrieb:
> Hi,
>

>> David Bruchmann schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there any reason whe the gray theme isn't included?
>>>
>>> The blue theme is really ugly on some pages (or in general).
>>>

> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> we don't have a grey theme - we have a modified theme in t3skin which
>> still is active.
>>

> yes, but the included them is blue.
>
> The distributed packets of extJs include all a gray theme and
> additionaly a CSS for blank containers.
>
> Both are useful and gray is much more applicable to most FE-pages than
> blue.

i discussed that with the ExtJS team. Official statement was that themes
are not supported and maintained, they are only included because of
compatibility and as example for writing own skins. So the grey skin
isn't complete, if you use it you get a mix of blue and grey.
We used the grey extended skin with some changes in t3skin, which skins
ExtJS completely. So use that one ;)

vg Steffen