[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jan 21 11:00:01 CET 2010

Hey guys,

well, my problem is that, like in tt_address, we now have a superflous
field, "name". It confuses people where to write the name in there, in
"name" or in "last_name"? How about only having

  * name (which usually is used for the last name and also could hold
the combined name for backwards compatibility)
  * the new field "first_name" (in a palette to "name")
  * the new field "middle_name" (in the same palette)

All the best,
Benni.