[TYPO3-core] RFC #11221 : Feature : Separate firstname and lastname columns in fe_users table

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jan 20 11:29:01 CET 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> On 2010-01-19 17:56:57 +0200, Ismaël Bidau said:
>
>> Patch v3 is attached.
>
> +1 from me by reading.

same here

> As a little enhancement idea: since these fields more or less duplicate
> 'name', should we have them in palette instead?

absolute - please move them to palette of "name"

Additional: when we split name to seperate fields we will get problems:
* inconsistency with filled first/last name and empty name
* redundant field name
* first/last are not enough to build correct names like title|first
name|middle name|last name which are used in most applications

vg Steffen