[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #12688: MM relations: rollback not working / sys_history wrong

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Thu Jan 14 13:27:31 CET 2010

Am 14.01.2010 12:50 schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> The screenshot taken at 19:57:51 looks okay to me if you tested the
>> following:
>> 1) Assign a category
>> 2) Save
>> 3) Delete a category
>> 4) Save
>
> NO, it's exactly the problem that I didn't delete the categories! It's
> only the log entry, which is created in addition.
>
> Same for the change to the sysfolder..

This is indeed strange (think I got you now): the two log entries as
shown in your screenshot were created on saving the tt_news record just
once.

> I'm currently investigating.. can you tell me, where the entry is
> written to the log?

The log entries are actually entries in table sys_history. Writing to
sys_history is performed from t3lib_tcemain's method setHistory.
Your screenshots imply that for a single save procedure this happens
twice. I wonder if this has to do with this topic/patch: do you get two
log entries without the patch as well? Do you have some tcemain hooks
triggered/involved by any other extension?

Ralf