[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #12688: MM relations: rollback not working / sys_history wrong

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Jan 14 10:41:45 CET 2010

Am 20.11.2009, 22:07 Uhr, schrieb Ralf Hettinger <ng at ralfhettinger.de>:

> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12688
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5184
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> If changing fields which reference MM relations, sys_history will log
> these changes by storing a different relation count instead of the
> different referenced records. A rollback will therefore restore the
> wrong relations (relation to a record with uid=old relation count will
> be restored) and the record's history shows wrong information.
> Furhtermore, if only the MM-relations change on updating a record but
> the relation count stays the same, nothing at all will be stored to
> sys_log / history, since the similarity check will result in no update
> required.

I tested this patch last night, but got always a second entry again (in
two different installations, both tt_news).

In the first, there was always a log entry, which exactly reversed the
changes made to categories (of course, in the record they aren't reversed!)
In the second, the additional log entry was an empty one for the sysfolder
containing the tt_news.

Furthermore, there's a problem with DAM: Every time I save a record, the
log says, I changed the value of dam images from 12345 to tx_dam_12345

Steffen