[TYPO3-core] RFC #12858: Feature: Provide a DB API to insert multiple rows at once

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Jan 10 15:12:46 CET 2010

On Jan 10, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Christian Kuhn schrieb:
>>
>> @Xavier: Could you take a look and figure out what needs to be done
>> for
>> dbal? If other db's don't handle extended inserts it would be easy to
>> iterate over the rows and call exec_INSERTquery() each in dbal again.
>
> AFAIK the multi-insert is only supported by Mysql. But as you point
> out it is quite easy to run
> multiple INSER queryies in DBAL. I reckon bringing that into DBAL is
> as a task that you can handle ;)

What would be the behavior of the multiple insert if one row
invalidates a particular constrain
like a unique constrain for example?

Should:
1) The whole insert fail (all rows)
2) Should only the single row fail?

I don't know what MySQL's behavior is in that,
it sounds logical to me that that all rows should fail.

Ries

> Masi

			regards, Ries van Twisk

- Join us on #TYPO3 on freenode | irc://chat.freenode.net/#typo3

tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk