[TYPO3-core] RFC #13026 : Install tool doesn´t reconize comments in localconf.php

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Jan 10 00:29:21 CET 2010

Hi Stefano,

> nice patch.
> Correct me if I am wrong, but should the booleans are not lowercase?
>
> I red somewhere, that lowercase booleans are faster. In the CGL is only
> one example of booleans which is lowercase too.

My first search on Google came to some obscure statement that lowercase is faster but without any proof, I searched again and found this one which I believe more:

------
Uppercase boolean v.s. lowercase boolean: equally fast!
Same benchmark as above, but 20000 x 100. Results:
Uppercase: 0.0260072494
Lowercase: 0.0260037331
In this case neither stood out in terms of performance. Many people have said that lowercase is much faster, however the results above are exactly the same, considering the variance of the results.
------
On http://pucadinga.com/2008/10/14/php-optimization-good-coding-practice/

Now, the thing is first that this is the same as one may expect and second that this does not change anything as there is CGL and it's better to stick to CGL than starting to loose time on senseless
stuff ;-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en