[TYPO3-core] RFC #13183: Disable certain Control Icons in the List Module via PageTS/UserTS

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:28:55 CET 2010

Am 08.01.2010 18:08, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
>> I noticed there is an extension by Bernhard Kraft kb_modlist_actions
>> that works similarly (but with a hook).
>> I'll take a look at his namings of the pageTS properties - maybe his
>> are better than mine.
>>
>> I still think this RFC is useful. To be honest I was a bit surprised
>> that TYPO3 did not have this in yet, given its outstanding flexibility.
>
> i did simular in TV and i like the blind-syntax.
>
> when you use something like
> edit.disable = 1
> it implicits that edit has more properties, but it hasn't.
>
> So naming suggestion would be eg
>
> mod.web_list.tableControls.[table].blind = edit,move,permissions
>
> What do you think?
>
> vg Steffen

What I don't like about "comma separated disabling" is, that you can't use actual hierarchical
structures.

When I want to disable an icon for a whole tree I set that in the root, but everytime I want to
disable other settings on subpages I have to repeat the disabled icon from the root, because
otherwise it will be enabled again.
On the other hand when I want to globally enable an icon which was disabled before it not sufficient
to do only settings in the rootpage you have to go through all the tree and look for additional
settings which repeat the setting from the root.

Also using PageTS and UserTS at the same time is not possible. When I want to disable the show Icon
globally for example, I would set that in the pageTS of the root page. But when I want to hide
additional icons for a certain user, the pageTS setting will get completely overwritten and again I
have to repeat the pageTS settings in his userTS.

All in all this is very unflexible and can get very confusing.

Of course I understand your concers that edit. has only one property.

What about a mixture?

mod.web_list.tableControls.[table].blind.edit = 1

Kind regards,
Sebastian