[TYPO3-core] RFC #13096: Unable to disable thumbnails with thumbnailsByDefault

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jan 7 10:59:08 CET 2010

Hi,

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Georg Ringer schrieb:
>
>> Please really don't create a checkbox which creates a checkbox which can
>> be checked or not to achieve a behaviour!
>
> Hi Georg,
>
> Hmm ... after thinking a while about it, I think it really might me a good
> idea to simply drop the checkbox in the User-Settings section. I think
> Georg is on the right track here - why do we need two checkboxes, if the
> one in the fileadmin would be enought.
>
> The value of the checkbox get's stored in the BE-User session anyways, so
> having a setup value in User>Settings is somehow redundant.
>
> This would be a good place to start reducing code instead of bloating it ;)
>
> And one can't even argue that this can get used as default-setting, such
> things are better achieved using a TS-Config preset (which should of course
> still be possible).
>
> Comments ?

i didnt found time to prepare this issue, but in general some comments:

For sure the settings in modules are stored in beuser session. But there
are ways to reset this data. So having settings in usersettings for
default behaviour is ok. It only has to be written that these are the
default settings, specific settings are done by the user in specific view.
I don't know if there is already a project rewriting list view, because
if we extJsify the lists this isn't that relevant, as you are more
flexible in settings per table/location etc.

vg Steffen